On January 1st, the Town of Cicero took over the program administration. A number of locations were explored while the Cicero Senior Center and William Park Recreation Building acted as alternate sites. Cicero Youth Bureau was formed with neighboring partners; Towns of Cicero, Clay, Salina and the Village of North Syracuse. Those partners, in concert with a wide variety of representation from across all sectors also formed a Community Youth Board to specifically look at programs offered for youth.
The program signed a lease and settled into its third home, located next to the Cicero North Syracuse High School in New Country Plaza in Cicero. Busing began to be offered through the North Syracuse Central School District for teens to the center from The North Syracuse Junior High School and home for all interested participants. At the grand opening of this location, a local resident, Carole Laing, mentioned to the teens that in the 1950’s there was a teen center in the center of town called “The CanTeen.” The teens decided to adopt the name and the teen center officially changed its name to The CanTeen with the slogan “It’s not a program, it’s a relationship”.